Historic Detroit

Every building in Detroit has a story — we're here to share it

St. Elizabeth Parish

St. Elizabeth Catholic Church stands at the corner of Canfield and McDougall streets on Detroit's near east side. It was designed by Donaldson & Meier and dedicated Feb. 14, 1892. Its cornerstone was laid May 3, 1891. Today, though much of its surrounding neighborhood has struggled, the parish remains open, serving families in the community and beyond.

Last updated 26/04/2019