Historic Detroit

Every building in Detroit has a story — we're here to share it

Penobscot Building Annex

The Penobscot Annex, the second of the three Penobscots, which opened in early 1916.

The Penobscots were the legacy of lumberman Simon J. Murphy, who named it after his beloved Penobscot River in Maine, and his family.

The Detroit Stock Exchange was among the early tenants in this Donaldson & Meier-designed tower.