With advances in medicine came a series of Detroit hospitals in the early part of the 20th century.
Among them was the Women's Hospital, later named Hutzel Hospital, which was dedicated on June 18, 1929, almost a year to the date that construction started. It was designed by architect Albert Kahn.
Its cornerstone was placed Oct. 23 1928. Ground was broken on the hospital on June 26, 1928.
Today, the hospital is part of the Detroit Medical Center. It is one of the older surviving hospital buildings in the city.
More on this building coming soon.