The Gayety, designed by noted theater architect William H. McElfatrick, sat 1,362 and opened Sept. 15, 1912.
The theater was built by the Albert Albrecht Co. The theater had erroneously been attributed to architect Fuller Claflin.
The theater hosted burlesque its entire career.
It was once operated by Frank Bryan and Frank Engel.
The Gayety closed April 10, 1958, and was demolished soon thereafter. Today, a parking lot resides on the property.
More on this building of Detroit coming soon.