This handsome church in northwest Detroit was built as the Rosedale Park Evangelical Lutheran Church. The building of Ohio sandstone and Indiana limestone was dedicated Nov. 1, 1942. It stands at Archdale and Fenkell, not far from Grand River Avenue. It was designed by Earl L. Confer, a Detroit architect who designed a number of churches around the city. The congregation traced its roots back to 1928, but state records show a dissolution date of 1984. The building was sold in 1983 to Central Baptist Church, which remains there today. That congregation was founded in 1944 in a church on Buchanan and 17th streets.