Union Trust Co. Building
The Union Trust Co. Building was designed by Donaldson & Meier and opened in May 1896. It stood on the northeast corner of Griswold and West Congress streets. This was the home of the Union Trust Co. bank until the company built the landmark Guardian Building across the street in 1929. The building later became known as the Fidelity Trust Building and even later as the Bankers Equitable Building. It was razed in January-February 1957 to make way for what is today known as The Qube. Pieces of its incredible marble lobby were saved, however, and used as grave markers in a Detroit cemetery.