Historic Detroit

Gayety Theatre

The Gayety, designed by Fuller Claflin, sat 1,362 and opened Sept. 15, 1912.

The theater hosted burlesque its entire career.

It was once operated by Frank Bryan and Frank Engel.

The Gayety closed April 10, 1958, and was demolished soon thereafter. Today, a parking lot resides on the property.

More on this building of Detroit coming soon.