Historic Detroit

Every building in Detroit has a story — we're here to share it

Free Press Building - Old photos

The Free Press Building, as seen from the northwest corner of Cass and Lafayette

The Free Press Building in 1978 with one of the city's old trolly cars

The Free Press Building was one of four newspaper offices in Detroit designed by Albert Kahn.

The Free Press Building was home to the paper from 1925 to 1998.

The Free Press Building in 1965

The Detroit Free Press Building in 1956.

The main entrance of the Free Press in the 1920s, showing the original front doors