House of Providence
House of Providence was located at 14th Avenue and West Grand Boulevard. Designed in the English Renaissance style, the building was erected in 1909-1910 and had accommodations for 150 patients. House of Providence was built in Detroit and was run by the daughters of Charity of St. Vincent De Paul as an orphanage, a maternity hospital and an infant asylum. The House of Providence was converted into a general hospital and renamed Providence Hospital. Apartments were built in the hospital to house unwed mothers and their children.
The building was demolished sometime after the hospital moved to Southfield in 1965. It was still standing in 1970, so it likely came down a few years later. The Young Manor apartment building is on the site now.