Dalton J. Snyder (Aug. 25, 1880 - Feb. 26, 1955)
Dalton J. Snyder was born Dalton J. von Schneider on Aug. 25, 1880.
He was a longtime partner of architect William B. Stratton, with whom he designed the Women’s City Club and did work on Ford Hospital and Maybury Sanitarium, as well as several large houses on Lakeshore Drive in the Grosse Pointes..
He lived at 255 Lewiston in Grosse Pointe Farms when he died at age 74 on Feb. 26, 1955.
He was survived by his wife, Loretta, and a son, Dalton J. Snyder Jr. Services were held at Verheyden Funeral Home, 16300 Mack in Grosse Pointe Park.
He is buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in Detroit.